Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Scallops in bacon is such a simple but amazingly tasty combination. The marinade adds
to the flavour, making them even more special.
Prep: 10 minutes (30 minutes to 2 hours to marinate)
Cook: 3 - 5 minutes
- 12 scallops without roe
- 6 thin smoked streaky bacon slices (rindless)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place all the marinade ingredients in bowl large enough to hold the scallops.
Mix together until well combined.
- Place the scallops in the marinade, coating them well, cover and place in the
refrigerator. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Flatten out the bacon with the side of a knife, then slice each one in half.
Wrap the scallops in the bacon and place a toothpick through each one to secure the
- Cook the scallops for 3-5 minutes under a hot grill until just cooked.
To barbecue place 3-5 bacon wrapped scallops on skewers soaked in water. Place on
moderate barbecue and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side so that they are just cooked.