Antipasti of Smoked Salmon Keta and Quail Eggs
A selection of fine ingredients makes and excellent anti pasta for a picnic, buffet or a light lunch ar starter. A selection served on one plate allows guests to pick and choose for themselves or serve individual servings of the antipasti for a starter or lunch. It is important they choose the highest quality smoked salmon as poor quality smoked salmon can be disappointing. For this recipe we have used Orkney smoked salmon but there are many excellent smoked salmons available through out Scotland, in Australia, Tasmanian smoked salmon is an excellent choice.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 18 slices of smoked salmon
- 18 quail eggs, hard boiled (cold)
- 100 Keta (salmon eggs)
- 6 generous handfuls of watercress, washed and trimmed
- 6 wedges of lemon
- maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- slices of brown or rye bread with plenty of butter
- Smoked Salmon Anti-Pasta: Place the smoked salmon on one side of a large plate or place 3 slices of smoked salmon on one side of 6 plates. Place the watercress beside the smoked salmon (a handful on each plate). Place the quail eggs on the watercress or 3 on each individual serving. Place the lemon wedges in the centre of the plate or one on each plate. Place the Keta in the jar in one corner of the plate or place a generous spoonful of the keta on each plate. Serve
- Serve: Serve the Smoked Salmon Anti-Pasta with maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper and slices of brown or rye bread.