Garlic and Ginger Brussel Sprouts
To some, brussel sprouts will never be on their list of favourite food! I, on the other hand, love them. This recipe lifts them to a new height of yumminess. (Even the doubters may find they are actually yummy to eat!)
Portions: 2 portions
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 16-20 small brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed and small cross cut into the bottoms
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Brussel Sprouts: Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Place the brussel sprouts in the boiling water and allow them to simmer for 5-8 minutes until just tender. Drain them and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat and add the garlic and ginger and cook them for 1 minute. Increase the heat slightly and add the brussel sprouts to the pan, toss them well with the garlic and ginger so that they are well coated. Season with a little salt and pepper. Serve or keep warm until ready to serve.