Keema Seekh Kebabs
These are extremely tasty kebabs with plenty of spices and herbs. They are even more delicious when cooked on a barbecue.
Portions: 6 Portions
Preparation: 10-15 minutes
Cooking: Cooking time 10 to 15 minutes
- 600g lamb minced
- 4 tbsp. chickpea flour
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large red chilli seeds removed, finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
- juice of ¼ lemon
- Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. yoghurt
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 2 vine ripened tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 gem or ½ a cos lettuce shredded
- 3 papadums cut into 4 triangles
- Mango chutney
- To Prepare Kebabs: Mix all the kebab ingredients together in a bowl so that it is well combined.
- Portion the kebab mix onto 12 skewers in a sausage shape.
- Mix the yoghurt slightly and coat the kebabs with it. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Accompaniment: Mix the tomato & onion together and set aside.
- Papadums: Heat oil in a deep fryer to 190C or in a pan until when a cube of bread is placed in it, it floats to the top and is golden. Fry the papadum 4 triangles at a time for a few seconds, drain on paper toweling and set aside until ready to serve (if it is more than a couple of hours place in a well sealed container.
- To Cook Kebabs: Place the kebabs on the center of a moderate barbecue and cook on all sides for 8-10 minutes, so that it is browned and cooked through or cook under a moderately high grill.
- To Serve: Place some shredded lettuce on each plate and top with some tomato and onion mixture. Place 2 kebabs on the center of each plate. Place 2 papadum triangles in 1 corner of each plate and a lemon wedge. Serve with mango chutney