There are hundreds of recipes for this delicious treat, this is just one of many but my favourite as its rich and truly chocolatey.
Portions: 16 squares
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 125g butter
- 125g plain chocolate (70%)
- 2 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 70g self raising flour
- 30g plain flour
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preparation: Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F) and butter a 20cm (8in) square cake tin.
- Brownies: Melt the butter in a saucepan and when it is almost melted add the pieces of chocolate. Stir it until it has melted and blended with the butter.
- Beat the eggs and caster sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add the chocolate mixture and stir it in. Stir in the flour and walnuts until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the and tin and place it in the oven to cook for 30 minutes. They should be just cooked and moist inside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool. Cut it into 16 squares. Store the brownies in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.